StoneTech Honing Powder, 1.9 Lb
Stonetech Professional Honing Powder is the professional's choice for creating an even, flat honed finish on natural stone. It's non-acidic formula removes scratches, acid etching & wear patterns while setting up your stone for polishing and shining. Ideal for use on natural stone such as marble, limestone, travertine & terrazzo. Designed for professional use only.
180 Grit - Roughest Grit
800 Grit - Finest Grit
Features and Benefits:
- Creates honed finishes
- Sets up stone for polishing and shining
- Different grits eliminate mild to deep scratches
Always test in a small inconspicuous area to determine ease of application and desired results. Allow new grout installations to cure for a minimum of 72 hours prior to application. Make sure surface is clean, dry and free of waxes and coatings.
1. If surface is heavily soiled, pre-clean with KlenzAll™ Cleaner if needed.
2. Mask off and protect any baseboards or adjacent areas to avoid splashing and overspray onto surfaces not intended to be treated.
3. If you are using a variety of abrasive grits, insure that the surface is well rinsed and a new pad is used for each changeover.
4. Apply approximately 1/2 cup Honing Powder plus 1 cup clean water to stone surface.
5. Refinish using a hand orbital sander or weighted floor machine at 130-140 lbs., 175 rpm, fitted with a natural hair pad.
6. Keep compound wet while refinishing with plenty of water. Add Honing Powder as needed.
7. Refinish area until the desired level of hone has been achieved.
8. Rinse well and use a wet vacuum or hot water extraction unit to remove all remaining compound.
9. Clean equipment with water.
Note: Above instructions are for reference purposes only. Please follow label directions on back of actual product. Use successively higher grits to close the face of the stone. Follow with Polishing Powder and Shining Powder as applicable.
Available Sizes (and Coverage):
Honing Powders: Available in 1.9lb and 25lb Containers
Coverage (180 Grit, 280 Grit, 400 Grit): 1,000-2,000 sq. ft. per pound
Coverage (600 Grit, 800 Grit): 750-1,500 sq. ft. per pound